Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues



Dem convention: Figure out the fairest way to fix this problem - sm

Posted: Feb 21st, 2020 - 4:52 pm

Dems are all about fairness, but they don't seem able to agree on what's fair. Consider the following, likely, scenario:

Bernie ends up with a plurality of delegates, but not a majority. Let's say he gets 34%. The remaining 66% of the delegates are split among the other candidates. No single candidate has more delegates than Bernie.

Does Bernie get the nomination? 34% of Dem voters want him.

Or do you have to look at the 66% of Dem voters who don't want Bernie?

It seems like the delegates would re-vote until they choose a candidate who gets the majority of delegates. Is that fair? Bernie already "won" the most delegates, can't you just give it to him? Or should the 66% non-Bernie people also have a say?

Both sides have an "it's not fair" argument to make. Will some large percentage of Dems be so upset that they stay home in 2020 and hand the victory to Trump?


Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)